Main Article Content


The level of tourist visits to North Sumatra, especially in the field of hospitality services, in 2020 and 2021 experienced a significant decrease, due to the corona virus (covid-19) that hit the whole world. Many hotels had to close due to the lockdown period imposed by the government before the PSBB and PPKM policies during the Covid-19 pandemic became a challenge in itself how to convey the handling of the corona virus to attract guests to visit the hotel. This study aims to determine the influence of branding and the application of chse on the decision to stay in a hotel during the COVID-19 pandemic. The study took place at the Grand Kanaya Hotel. Using quantitative methods. Key data collection techniques through questionnaires, interviews and direct observations. The research data were taken from a number of samples and also obtained from a literature review. From the test results, the coefficient of determination influence of variable X on Y was 61.9% and the remaining 38.1% was influenced by other factors. The results obtained in this study, branding did not have much effect on staying while the application of CHSE had a significant positive influence on the decision to stay in hotels during the Covid-19 pandemic.

Article Details

How to Cite
Maulida, D. (2023). The Influence of Branding and Implementation of CHSE on the Decision to Stay at the Grand Kanaya Hotel During the Covid-19 Pandemic. Jurnal Online Mahasiswa, 1(4). Retrieved from